Monday, April 19, 2010

Traveling Husbands

My husband travels for work...did I mention a lot? A recent trip took him away for seven days and six nights. I would be lying if I didn’t say it was difficult. I do so well for the first four days, and then I hit my wall. Especially when we begin to talk, and I hear about the new ideas and everything that’s going on around him. He is in meetings, writing policies, and making things happen. Then he is at business lunches, dinners with friends, and falling asleep in Crowne Plaza – sometimes it may be a tough night of sleep due to a soft bed, rambunctious neighbors, etc.

My conversation is centered around if L has pooped and if the consistency is pudding, peanut butter, or a rock; if he has taken naps; and how much he is eating. When I get lucky, L falls asleep in his swing so I can pop open a can of Beenee Weenees or a can of tuna if I am feeling gourmet. We don’t really talk about my lunches and/or dinners…or if they are a combined meal for the day. My bed is never too soft or too hard…I am in bliss if I can get 7 straight hours of sleep….glorious.

Enough dwelling on the dark side, there is a brighter side. I am extremely blessed that my husband has a job that can provide for me to stay at home with L. At the end of the day, the good times certainly outweigh the bad, even on those beastly days. I would not trade the job of being a mom for anything else in the world!

However...I'm not saying that I would decline dinner out and a good night's sleep in a hotel. :)

2 comments:

  1. The traveling is nice but its always nice to come home too. I'm sure there are parts of his job he would trade in a second and parts he can't imagine giving up. It's def. a perk that it allows you more time with L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there are parts of his job he would give up and parts he wouldn't trade for the world too. I will say the nights in the hotel can be fun - I can finally watch what I want - no stock tips or Mets for miles. But its nice to come home, too. It's def. a perk you can have more time with L.

    ReplyDelete